Have you noticed the increased amount of food trucks around lately? It’s paradise on wheels for the foodie in all of us! Especially when many of them are bringing specialty and creative food items to the streets.
Food trucks aren’t a new phenomenon, they have been around for centuries (as early as the 17th century), anyone remember the “Chuck wagon?” They have also been a staple on the streets of big cities such as New York and Chicago… California is finally catching on! But bygone is the era when food trucks were “roach coaches” or “grease trucks” catering only to the blue collar worker at construction sites, poor students at college campuses, or military installations… there is a new kind of food truck out there, and guess what? Many of them also cater weddings (and are on twitter and facebook too!).
Whether it’s the main entrée for a small casual celebration, just dessert, or late-evening snack for an all-night party, your wedding will be the talk of all your guests for a long time to come! Imagine a food truck pulling up to your wedding…easy, creative, and convenient, not to mention a full experience of choice for your guests… no getting stuck with the typical wedding food options of protein, starch, vegetable… bleh! Bring on the party of the taste buds!
Here are my picks for some of the best food trucks around from San Diego to San Francisco. Enjoy!
- Coolhaus– Two fresh, warm, homemade cookies with a big helping of ice crème right in the middle-Yes please! My mouth is watering thinking about it.
- The Grilled Cheese Truck– This isn’t your ordinary grilled cheese sammich; it’s your childhood fave stuffed with all the happiness you can imagine!
- Buttermilk Inc. – Every item made out of buttermilk! From the classic southern fried chicken & waffles, to the French toast sticks, and biscuit breakfast sandwiches…all rich and fabulous!
- The Sweets Truck– With “taking sweets to the streets” as their motto we know this truck is perfect to satisfy the sweet tooth in all of us! The signature items range from red velvet cookies, cupcake shooters, and individual brownie rounds.
- Frysmith- Taking simple french-fries and turning them into a meal by adding delish ingredients! Some of my faves: Kimchi with kurobuta pork belly, onions, and cheddar cheese or free-range chicken in tomatillo tamarind sauce over sweet potato fries topped with cashews, WOW!
- Miho Gastrotruck: One of my favorites because of their use of “fresh, local, and thoughtfully sourced ingredients”- Everyone loves food with a conscience! Plus the menu changes with the availability of ingredients… talk about variety!
All photos gathered from google images and/or official websites for each business. I did not take any of the images on this post.
Top Left: Coolhous | Top Right: Miho Gastrotruck | Middle Row: 1 & 2 Buttermilk Inc. , The Sweet Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck | Bottom Row: 1 & 2 Frysmith, The Sweet Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck.